How to protect wood epoxy resin products
Our dear customer!
Thank you for your choice! You have become the owner of an exclusive product from the Kochut company.
By choosing an unusual table, cabinet, sideboard or other product wich made of wood and epoxy resin, you have taken responsibility for a special thing that needs individual care. Each of our products consist of natural materials that react to various factors of the external environment, and a temperature, that is not comfortable for you at home, will have a negative effect on them.
Information on the specifics of care about wood and epoxy resin products is very important, and the durability of the purchased product and its appearance depends on how well you follow the advice.
What should you know about wood and epoxy products?
Some tips from the Kochut.Wood:
1. Wooden products with epoxy resin are recommended to be used only indoors. They can be temporarily taken out to the terrace or balcony, but at night they should be brought back. The humidity of the room should range from 45 to 75%. A short-term deviation from the norm does not pose a threat, but if products are made of wood and epoxy resin are kept for a long time in adverse conditions, surface deformation will appear. So, overdried air can dry out wood, it will cause microcracks and other undesirable changes. Do you «have nothing to breathe»? Wood feels the same way. So remember to humidify the air in time! In addition, you should not keep our products in the rain, in the sauna, near the pool.
2.The permissible temperature range in the room should be +16°С – +27°С. Its sharp changes will have a negative effect on wood and epoxy resin tables and other products are made of these materials, because wood narrows during cooling, and expands when heated. Importantly, it is not the temperature itself that is dangerous, but its sudden changes. So if you go on vacation, you don't need to keep 25°C at home, everything will be fine if it stays there, for example, 12°C.
3. Avoid direct sunlight. Too long stay in the sun of products with epoxy resin will change its color.
4. We recommend keeping products at least one meter away from objects that emit heat (batteries, fireplaces). It is better not to put them on the thermal floor at all, because it will dry out the wood too much.
5. Be sure to put coasters under hot objects, they are not to spoil the epoxy resin.
6. Small wood and epoxy resin products, such as serving boards, decorative plates, trays, should not be washed in the dishwasher, because high temperatures will damage them.
7. Use wood and epoxy products as intended and avoid mechanical damage:
– do not throw heavy objects on the surface, because they will cause dents, chips of epoxy resin;
– do not cut the surface with a knife, because deep scratches will appear;
– do not place or move objects with sharp metal edges on the surface, otherwise scratches will appear.
How to clean wood and epoxy resin products?
To keep wood and epoxy products clean, we recommend wiping them first with a damp flannel cloth and then with a dry one to avoid streaks. You can also use a polish. But in no case do not use hard brushes, sponges, abrasive cleaning agents.
By following these simple tips, wood and epoxy products will retain their beauty and functionality. If, however, it was not possible to protect our product from damage, we can take it for restoration and restore it in our workroom. Our company is with the client until the end!
Taking care of you – Kochut.Wood